Sunday 4 August 2013

Blue Lipstick Reviews ~ Part 2: the other shades.

It's been a long time coming but here it is! Part two! In the first part of my blue lipstick reviews, part of my series looking at alternative lipstick colours, I focused on a few darker blue shades, including Illamasqua's Disciple, Stargazer's 105, Sleek's Peek-a-Bloo and Portland Black Lipstick's Indigio Bridge. For the second part of my collective review of various blue lipsticks, there are four more products to look at. This time we will be looking at the lighter, brighter and more turquoise based shades.

An opaque pastel, grey-hued blue. 
Price: £5.29 ($7.99)
This comes in the form of a liquid lipstick, in a similar style to OCC's lip tars and Sleek's pout paints, however the consistency of Nordic is much thicker, squeezing product out of the tube did take some effort and of course application required a lip brush. I personally really like how this smells, but as with most lipsticks I barely notice any scent once I've worn it for a while. The fade on this happens pretty soon, I'd say noticeably within an hour or so, but it is a subtle fade, without being ugly or obvious. I'd say the product also feels a little heavy on my lips, but I think that may be a personal thing.


An opaque metallic, turquoise blue.
Price: £3.50
I was happily surprised by this one. The last few Stargazer lipsticks had been slightly disappointing but this one was quite opaque pretty much straight away and the consistency, although slightly waxy was bearable. As always it smells like cheap makeup but again, I got over it (although I know for some people this is a complete turn off). The fade appeared after about an hour, having had drunk and eaten tiny cookies, but like Nordic, it wasn't too ugly and since application is easy so is reapplication.

A bright, opaque metallic electric blue. 
 Price: £5.09 ($7.50)
This was a new company I hadn't tried before but they had some interesting colours (more swatches of different colours to come). Although the application wasn't as opaque as I would have liked, but it lasted longer than expected - around two and half hours before it was noticeable, was impressive, and it also faded gracefully, as opposed to patchily. I may have gotten a more opaque application had I had a bullet instead of using a combination of finger and brush but still, would have liked a bit more pigmentation.

An opaque, matte turquoise blue. 
Price: £6.89 ($10.00)
Whilst wearing this lipstick, I completely forgot it was on and I ate a cream slice. Half way through devouring it I remembered I was wearing a lipstick and I was annoyed about the mess I had probably made, but upon looking in the mirror it had no budged an inch. Seriously! I had licked my lips and eaten like a general pig and this baby still stood strong. As always, PBLC never fails to impress me. The product in the tube wasn't completely blended but this solved itself once applied, and always the slight minty scent of the lipstick also made my lips tingle slightly.

And finally all of the eight lipsticks reviewed swatched together, for reviews of the other four, go to part one.
(L-R): Sweetpea & Fay ~ Nordic, Portland Black Lipstick Company ~ Difficult Island, Stargazer ~ 104, 
My Beauty Addiction ~ Sapphire, Sleek ~ Peek-A-Bloo, Stargazer ~ 104
Portland Black Lipstick Company ~ Indigo, Illamasqua ~ Disciple. 

Which was your favourite shade?
Have you got a blue lipstick you would recommend? I would love to hear it, I'll be making a comprehensive list of blue lipsticks (in the style of my purple one) so the more blue lipsticks you tell me, the better. Personally, I think I prefer the darker or more turquoise shades and I've discovered that the paler colours don't suit me.
(Unfortunately, due to Parcel Force screwing up I never received my delivery for Muylinda Collection's Kool which really sucks, I would have loved to have added it to this series of reviews.)

Follow me on

4 comments:

  1. I loved the last one because of the matte finish. Great job with this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is really pretty!
    I also hadn't heard of My Beauty Addiction, the color looks gorgeous. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have stargazer 104 listed twice in your swatches - I think the one closer to the darker shades is another number. I have been looking for a nice blue lipstick although I'm not quite sure I'm daring enough to wear it as an everyday shade. I am just ordered several blues from a brand called KleanColor and I'm hoping they are great because they were really cheap but have good reviews. I got several for less than the price of one Ardency Inn Black is Blue or one blue OCC lip tar. Do you have an instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the last one.
    The only blue lipstick I have is the Sleek Pout Paint in Peek a bloo :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...