Wednesday 3 July 2013

Outfit of the Day ~ 1950s housewife.

Brogues ~ New Look
Skirt ~ Primark
Cardigan ~ Monsoon via charity shop
Necklace ~ Accessorize
Belt ~ New Look
Lipstick ~ Illamasqua in Apocalips

I've recently been trying to force myself to wear things that have been sitting idly in my wardrobe, having not been touched for far too long. I re-discovered this skirt a few weeks ago, having originally spotted it in Primark a couple of years ago, fallen in love with it and its price tag (I think it was £12) and bought it even though it was a size too small at the time. This is the kind of thing I like to wear when my retro urges take hold. However, yesterday I also wanted to wear one of my new Illamasqua lipsticks out and serendipitously the boyfriend I were going to Brighton and Apocalips matches the teal on my skirt perfectly. I've also wanted to do an outfit shoot in front of that big red door for a while now as well, so everything really did fall into place rather nicely.
Recently I've started reading the biography of a lesser known author called Vita Sackville-West who I will be playing in a performance of 'Vita & Virginia' in a few months time. It's a play based on the letters between Vita and the decidedly more famous Virginia Woolf, who were lovers. I'm genuinely excited to be doing this play, it has a cast of two and should be a challenge, but definitely the good kind. Other than that I'm going on a mini holiday with the boyfriend for two weeks in Swanage which should be super nice.

Follow me on

Follow me on

13 comments:

  1. Such an adorable skirt! Love your style.
    Bekki / www.inguz-fashion.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome. Amazing skirt and I love your lippy. I 've decided to write down my "to shoot" ideals and there's 11 of them but I might have to find myself s red door.
    Thank you for the tip of night moth. It's on my to buy list as soon as I decide which mascara I want.
    Love the idea of a cast of two in a place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have a list of possible shoot places as well!
      Well, if you get it before me I will be super jealous (much like the Killstar tee!)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely look, so 50's inspired.
    I am totally in love with your shoes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, thanks! I love those shoes too - they go with all my more girly outfits.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! That lipstick looks amazing on you :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your lipstick and the floral skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! They're both pretty awesome!

      Delete
  6. I like your bag and shoes so much, thank you for your sharing!
    http://cpbay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I forgot to write it on the post, but I got the bag from an arts and craft show.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...