Tuesday 28 May 2013

Outfit of the Day ~ My Neighbour Totoro.

Polo shirt ~ ebay
Skirt ~ Boohoo
Braces ~ ebay
Boots ~ ebay
Umbrella ~ Sports Direct via ebay

And now for something slightly different. Last Sunday I attended London's MCM Comic Con 2013, this time was my third year going. Since the last one, my friend Dan and I had had the plan to go as Totoro and Satsuki from the eternally wonderful (and slightly surreal) Studio Ghibli film, My Neighbour Totoro. This was perfect since a) it wasn't a challenging costume for me and b) my hair was going to be short. I had vaguely planned on sewing the skirt myself but in the end, having left no where near enough time for anything, I bought everything. To my dismay the braces and skirt did not match and try as I might (tea, felt tip ink and food colouring were all tried) I could not darken them so sadly that was an annoying detail I had to get over. If anyone knows how to dye cotton elastic I'd be grateful to know...the internet tells me it's impossible.
All in all Expo was really good, and I was a lot less nervous than last time, which was nice (last time I was super anxious and the crowds sort of freaked me out). As usual I spent a majority of time at the Artist's Alley and experienced my first strawberry flavoured shaved ice and chilled cream filled pancakes. Dan nearly died of overheating so Bekki (who also came with us) and I forced him to chill out for a bit, but to be honest I think we were all getting pretty damn sore, both of them had been there the whole weekend as well - I don't think I could have survived. Now it is time to begin planning the next cosplay for October! Bekki is also the one who took the photos which is why I have deviated from the usual style of my outfit posts.
As always, I'm sorry I haven't been posting very regularly, being in three plays whilst revising for exams has taken up a lot of my time. We also got a new kitten who I will be posting about very soon! Kitten spam! Also, I got featured on Fashion Rocks My Socks! It totally made my day and on the same day one of my lipstick reviews got featured on Powder Doom as well! So hello to all my lovely new followers! 


Follow me on

 A boom box passed our way so I had to break out into all singing, all dancing Satsuki.

18 comments:

  1. Haha this is awesome! XD unfortunately I couldn't make it to this month's one but maybe in October I might see you which would be cool ^^ I understand the whole being nervous thing at your first con but people are all really lovely XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that'd be awesome!
      Heh, yeah, it can be a bit daunting at first. Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  2. Aww this is the best outfit idea, you both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest cosplay idea ever! It doesn't even matter that your suspenders didn't quite match, it looks great anyway! I think I need a totoro suit in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! I'm glad you don't think the difference in oranges does ruin it :P I was afraid it would.

      Delete
  4. You look adorable! And I wouldn't have even noticed the braces if you hadn't said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went on the Saturday! Though I didn't cosplay, I had a totoro backpack- It's one of the best movies ever! You looked super cute, ahh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really want a Totoro backpack, I am envious! ^-^ thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  6. Love hte blokes outfit on the right ;)

    I really do love your outfit!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post, I like this Totoro cloth, ah~~~it is hot wearing in the summer.

    http://cpbay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he did get super hot ^ ^ but it was definitely worth it.

      Delete
  8. i love the outfits studio ghibli films are my favourites,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) same. Love Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo so much!

      Delete
  9. This showed up on 9gag.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ ^ heh heh, I know. It got like 8800 likes or something crazy!

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...