Monday 21 January 2013

Face of the Day ~ citizen of the Capitol.

This week's makeup tag look is Hunger Games themed, specifically drawing inspiration from the citizens of the Capitol, because let's face it, we should all take a little bit of inspiration from their insane looks. I flicked through all three books to find all the descriptions I could to get some ideas. Joyously there is a lot of mentions of super unusual lips; powder blue, purple, white and also dyed skin, which is such a cool idea but I don't think I could pull off Octavia's pale pea green skin somehow. I'm also kind of gutted I don't currently have turquoise hair (like I used to), it would have been really useful for emulating Venia's look. Whilst I was looking up inspiration for this look I found Illamasqua to be a great source of ideas, some of the looks they create for releases are so Capitol, and amazingly gorgeous to boot. If you didn't realise I was heavily inspired by/copied a little bit this look (I know, cheeky). I also liked the idea of gem-encrusted skin which also gets a mention in the book, so I resorted to my trusty pearls instead of typical rhinestones.
All in all I quite like it...although I don't think it represents Capitol fashion as much as I'd like it to, it's kind of slightly robotic, really. One area that definitely failed was my attempted at reverse stencilling - you can just about see it on my cheek by the pearl. Although, having said that I am pretty pleased at one of my first attempts with blusher. Also, I wish I'd used more colour! Which I know sounds ridiculous but the look just doesn't seem bright enough to me for the theme. Finally, this took much longer than it should have, I was so indecisive I kept trying things and wiping them off and then trying and wiping. So many times.

Face:
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF133
Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in Ivory

Eyes:
Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Acidberry & Mochi
Collection 2000 Dazzle Me! in Fairy Dust
Collection 2000 Fix Me Up 
Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner in Black
Yves Rocher Luminelle Eyeliner in Noir 
No7 Amazing Eyes pencil in Black
Rimmel Volume Flash mascara in Brown 

Lips:
Collection 2000 Dazzle Me! in Illusion & Fairy Dust

Have you seen any good Capitol inspired looks?
Don't forget if you want to join in with our bi-weekly make up tag just email my babilicous friend Bekki (where you can also see the other entries into this week's theme) with your look before Monday the 4th - the next theme is mermaids!
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow this make up is incredible!!! Love your creativity :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love doing reverse stencilling :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh heh, I definitely need some practise with it. Thanks though!

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! You've definitely gotten the look right :)

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! I really like what you've done with the eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...