Sunday 8 July 2012

Face of the Day & Hair Update

In this post I've got a face of the day but I'm also going to talk about my hair and how it's faded since I've dyed it with La Riche Directions in Turquoise and give you my thoughts on the hair dye.

Makeup
 17 Skin Perfecting Foundation in Soft Ivory
Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara
MUA Professional Eye Primer
Yves Rocher luminelle Eyeliner in Noir
Avon Glimmerstick in Blackest Black
Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Love+
Bourjois Effet 3D in Rose Arctic 

A while ago I saw a photo on Instagram that Sugarpill had retweeted (http://instagr.am/p/Lt85isQTTp/) and I knew immediately I needed replicate the look asap. I've got a review of Sugarpill coming up now that I've had a chance to play with it, but for now I'll just say I love this eyeshadow! I've been wanting a red eyeshadow for absolutely ages and this one is perfect. The eyes aren't perfect but this is my first time doing a look like this so I'm pretty happy with it.

So, to my hair. I dyed it in the 1st April which was 3 months ago (and you can see what it looks like freshly dyed here). Since then I haven't touched up or anything, just washed it about 1 to 2 times a week (with dry shampoo in between) using shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair.
I think it's fair to say that compared to the purple I used (also Directions in Plum - which you can see here) this coloured faded more quickly - but this may also just be the difference between just how well this particular kind of colour lasts, since certain colours just stay better than others. But on the flip side of this, it didn't bleed as much as the purple did - my pillow was green tinged, but nothing as bad as when I had purple. As you can see the fade went to a a light seafoam green colour which isn't too bad as far as some colours fades can be.
All in all I'm still really happy with La Riche Directions and I'll keep using them! Although I may re-try a few other brands again for fun.
Have you had any experience with Directions? What do you think of them?

6 comments:

  1. As neat as it looked freshly done, I really like it faded too! Pretty win, win :)
    Shubana
    CoeurDecors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise is a colour that: 1) stains a lot so you don't have to touch up that much and doesn't leave the hair easily and 2) on the other hand, won't stay truly turquoise for more than a month, at most.

    I would suggest you try a blue dye, I think you'll be really pleased. Turquoise looks lovely freshly dyed but after that, it's all downhill. It has so much green on it you can only expect that. So something like Lagoon Blue would look better I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually true blue is one of the only colours I have yet to try, but I will!
      Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  3. I'm not that sure about Directions personally, I've used two of their dyes, ebony and turquoise. They've both tended to wash out really quite quickly and just leave a green tone on my hair - I started off with unbleached copper hair though so it might explain it. I reckon my hair tends to stain quite badly anyway since once the initial colour's gone my hair always remains a dull murky stained green lol. I used Special Effects Iguana Green before and I found it lasted much longer than Directions did (except on me it was still visible months later - standard).

    A friend of mine used Directions in I think Vermillion? And it seemed to fade to brown and be practically gone within a week, and on blonde hair as well.

    I love the turquoise on you though, in all the shades! It came out much darker and greener on me lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've found the more I've bleached my hair the better the result, so I imagine that was your problem.
      Yeah, fading can really really suck but so far my experience with Directions has been pretty good. :) thanks for the comment! It's interesting to know other people's experiences as well.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...