Saturday 31 March 2012

Face of the Day ~ Burgundy Lips.

Lips ~ Rimmel in Bordeaux
Mascara ~ The Body Shop's Super Volume Mascara
Eyeliner ~ Yves Rocher - Luminelle Eye-liner Pinceau

ombre purple hair gradient
I don't normally do FOTDs but due to the wind that randomly appeared on the day I was planning on doing an outfit of the day I decided not to do the shoot but I didn't want my makeup and hair go to waste.
This is the first time I've done something like this to my hair, since usually my hair is pretty short it never gets long enough to do anything with. Actually the boyfriend did this, he wanted show me how well he can plait hair and I really love it! He actually did a good job. It shows off the last remaining bits of my purple really well and it makes a really pretty gradient ombre effect. Although I do still have to work out how to secure it and hide the slides properly. One step at a time.
The lipstick I'm wearing is one of my favourites as well and I came across it - like I do with so much of my makeup - by chance. My mum had accidently bought two of them and gave me one and since I'm always happy to try any shade once I gave it a go and ended up really loving it. I can't speak for how long it lasts (in my experience not very) but the colour is gorgeous.
As you can see, my hair is still in desperate need of dying. Not long now! I'm literally counting down the days! I am so excited I cannot tell you. Me and the friends always have a laugh sitting in my little bathroom armed with bleach, foil and (turquoise!) dye and talking about crap for a lot of hours, so look out for that post in just under 2 weeks. Before that though I'll be putting up a post showing some of my previous hairstyles and colours (there have been a lot).

What's your favourite dark red lipstick? How long does it last?


3 comments:

  1. Love this hairstyle on you! Also that lipstick is such a pretty colour - I really like Sleek's Cherry lipstick which has a good formula and the colour is nice and rich too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That braid is so gorgeous! You suit burgundy lips quite nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring ideas! Love your posts! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...